Agra Mathura Vrindavan Tour
Agra Mathura Vrindavan tour Overview
- Travel to three very contrasting cities in Uttar Pradesh with mytraveltunes’s Agra Mathura Vrindavan tour. In this short 2 day trip, you will get to appreciate the Indo-Islamic architecture of archaic monuments in Agra and also your spiritual side during the temple tour in Mathura – Vrindavan.
- On Day 1 of the Agra Mathura Vrindavan tour package, you will set out from Delhi to travel to Agra – situated on the banks of River Yamuna in Uttar Pradesh, it is a historical city which was once under the Mughal kingdom.
- Upon arrival, you will get checked-into a hotel and then proceed with the sightseeing to the Taj Mahal – an ivory marble mausoleum made by Shah Jahaan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal. The structure is considered to be an epitome of love and is listed as one of the world’s seven wonders.
- Next in line is the Taj Museum – it was established in 1982 to house artefacts and information about the making of Taj Mahal.
- Finally, you will pay a visit to the Agra Fort – now a UNESCO world heritage site, this was built by the Mughal emperor Akbar in red sandstone. The fort complex also houses several courts, gardens and two beautiful mosques.
- On Day 2, you will set forth to Mathura – Vrindavan, these are two holy cities set 13 kilometers apart. Both these places have several Lord Krishna temples.
- Once you get here, the temple tour will commence and the first place you will visit is the Krishna Janmabhoomi Temple – this is an ancient temple built on the premises where Sri Krishna was born.
- This will be followed by a visit to the Vishram Ghat, Dwarkadhish Temple, Govind Dev Ji Temple, Bankey Bihari Temple and the ISKCON Temple also known as Krishna Balaram Mandir, this was built in 1975 with marble statues of Krishna-Balaram enshrined.
- By the end of the day, you will make a return trip to Delhi, where the Agra Mathura Vrindavan tour will conclude.